- Internal Medicine
- Assistant Professor, Department of Internal Medicine
IBRAHIM ALMASRY MD
- AFFINITY HEALTH PLAN
- BEECH STREET
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA PPO
- EMBLEM GHI CBP
- EMBLEM HIP-HMO
- EMBLEM HIP-MEDICAID
- EMBLEM HIP-MEDICARE
- EMPIRE BLUE CHOICE HMO
- EMPIRE BLUE CHOICE INDEMNITY PLANS
- EMPIRE BLUE CHOICE PPO
- EMPIRE BLUE CHOICE SENIOR PLAN
- FIDELIS CARE NEW YORK
- ISLAND GROUP ADMINISTRATION
- MAGNACARE HEALTH REPUBLIC EXCHANGE
- NO FAULT
- UNITED EMPIRE PLAN (NYSHIP)
- UNITED HEALTHCARE
- UNITED OXFORD FREEDOM PLAN
- UNITED OXFORD LIBERTY PLAN
- VISITING NURSE SERVICES (FIDA)
- VYTRA (except SMART START)
- WORKERS COMP
Education & Training
- MBBCH, Cairo University, Egypt (1993)
- Internal Medicine, Carney Hospital/Tufts University, MA (2000)
Critical Care, University of Pittsburgh, PA (2002)
Cardiology, St. Elizabeth's Medical Center, MA (2005)
Electrophysiology, St. Elizabeth's Medical Center, MA (2006)
Electrophysiology, Johns Hopkins Hospital, MD (2007)
Academic & Other
- Academic Rank:
- Assistant Professor
- Teaching Activity:
- Internal Medicine
- Year Appointed at
Atrial fibrillation and venticular tachycardia ablation outcomes
Electrophysiology pacing maneuvers
3D arrhythmia mapping techniques
- Clinical Practice Began:
1. Impact of heart rhythm status on registration accuracy of the left atrium for catheter ablation of atrial fibrillation. J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol. 2007 Dec;18(12):1269-76
Jun Dong MD, Ph.D., Darshan Dalal MD, MPH, Daniel Scherr MD, Aamir Cheema MD, Saman Nazarian MD, Kenneth Bilchick MD, Ibrahim Almasry MD, Alan Cheng MD, Charles A. Henrikson MD, David Spragg MD, Joseph E. Marine MD, Ronald D. Berger MD, Ph.D., Hugh Calkins MD
2. Evaluation of left atrial and posterior mediastinal anatomy by multidetector helical computed tomography imaging: relevance to ablation. J Interv Card Electrophysiol. 2007 Apr;18(3):217-23.
Peter S. Hoffmeister, G. Muqtada Chaudhry, Jeffrey Mendel, Ibrahim Almasry, Syed Tahir, Thomas Marchese, Charles I. Haffajee and Michael V. Orlov
3. Circumferential ablation with pulmonary vein isolation in permanent atrial fibrillation. Am J Cardiol. 2007 May 15;99(10):1425-8.
A. Cheema, J. Dong, D. Dalal, J. Marine, C. Henrikson, D. Spragg, A. Cheng, S. Nazarian, K. Bilchick, I. Almasry
4. Incidence and time course of early recovery of pulmonary vein conduction after catheter ablation of atrial fibrillation. J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol. ,/em>2007 Apr;18(4):387-91.
Aamir Cheema MD, Jun Dong MD, Ph.D., Darshan Dalal MD, MPH, Joseph E. Marine MD, Charles A. Henrikson MD, David Spragg MD, Alan Cheng MD, Saman Nazarian MD, Kenneth Bilchick MD, Sunil Sinha MD, Daniel Scherr MD, Ibrahim Almasry MD, Henry Halperin MD, MA, Ronald Berger MD, Ph.D., Hugh Calkins MD
5. Three-dimensional rotational angiography of the left atrium and esophagus -- A virtual computed tomography scan in the electrophysiology lab? Heart Rhythm. 2007 Jan;4(1):37-43.
M. Orlov, P. Hoffmeister, G. Chaudhry, I. Almasry, G. Gijsbers, T. Swack, C. Haffajee
There are 800+ physicians and other health care providers practicing within 18 different clinical entities, or specialty groups that are affiliated with
Stony Brook Medicine University Physicians (University Physicians). Together, these providers offer patients of all ages a comprehensive range of high quality medical services,
from primary care to advanced specialty care.
In their capacity as faculty of the Stony Brook School of Medicine, they also educate medical students, interns, residents and fellows in many specialties and sub-specialties, and engage in research and clinical trials that help to advance the science of medicine.
These physicians and health care professionals are committed to excellence in service and leadership in clinical care for their patients. University Physicians supports and coordinates this mission and maintains this website for patients, physicians and staff.