- Assistant Professor,
Department of Pediatrics
ALLISON ELISCU MD
CONTRACEPTION (BIRTH CONTROL AND FAMILY PLANNING)
DEPRESSION (DEPRESSIVE DISORDER, HOLIDAY STRESS)
DYSMENORRHEA (PAINFUL PERIODS)
GENITAL HERPES IN WOMEN
IRREGULAR MENSES (IRREGULAR PERIODS)
MENORRHAGIA (VAGINAL BLEEDING)
MENSTRUATION DISORDERS (MENSTRUAL CRAMPS)
PAP TEST (PAP SMEAR)
STD (SEXUALLY TRANSMITTED DISEASES/MALE & FEMALE)
WELL ADOLESCENT HEALTHCARE
AFFINITY HEALTH PLAN
CIGNA GREAT WEST HEALTHCARE
EMPIRE BLUE CHOICE HMO
EMPIRE BLUE CHOICE OTHER PLANS
EMPIRE BLUE CHOICE PPO
EMPIRE BLUE CHOICE SENIOR PLAN
FIDELIS CARE NEW YORK
ISLAND GROUP ADMINISTRATION
NEIGHBORHOOD HEALTH PLAN
SUFFOLK HEALTH PLAN
UNITED EMPIRE PLAN (NYSHIP)
UNITED OXFORD FREEDOM PLAN
US FAMILY HEALTH PLAN
VYTRA (except SMART START)
Education & Training
- George Washington University School of Medicine, Washington, D.C.
- Pediatrics, Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center, NY
Adolescent Medicine, Mount Sinai Adolescent Health Center, NY
Academic & Other
- Academic Rank:
- Assistant Professor
- Teaching Activity:
- Adolescent Medicine
- Year Appointed at
Peer Reviewer -- Journal of Adolescent Health, Sexually Transmitted Diseases, and Sexually Transmitted Infections; 2008 - 2009
Member: Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society
Member: American Academy of Pediatrics
Member: Society for Adolescent Medicine
Eliscu, A., Bui-Duy, M., Nucci, A., Rojas, M. How Risky Can It Be? Knowledge of Oral STIs among Teens and Factors that Influence Knowledge. Poster presented at Society of Adolescent Medicine Conference in March 2007 & Mount Sinai School of Medicine Pediatric Research Day April 2007.
- Clinical Practice Began:
4 TECHNOLOGY DRIVE,
2701 SUNRISE HIGHWAY,
450 WAVERLY AVENUE,
1. Eliscu, A., Terrell, L., Blythe, M., Burstein, G. Adolescent Sexually Transmitted Infections. In: Omar H., Greydanus D., Tsitsika A., et al, ed. Pediatric and Adolescent Sexuality and Gynecology: Principles for the Primary Care Clinician. New York: Nova Science Publishing (2009, In Press).
2. Eliscu, A., Ford, K., Hogben, M., Chaffee, T., Straub, D., Shafii, T., Huppert, J., Burstein, G. Expedited Partner Therapy for Adolescents Diagnosed with Chlamydia or Gonorrhea: A Position Paper of the Society for Adolescent Medicine. Statement supported by the American Academy of Pediatrics. Mentored by Gale R. Burstein, MD, MPH (September 2009, In Press).
3. Eliscu, A., Cooperman, D., Michener, J., Nucci-Sack, A., Diaz, Angela. Promoting Healthy Behaviors in Adolescents. City Health Information. 2009;28(2):9-20. Available at: http://www.nyc.gov/html/doh/downloads/pdf/chi/chi28-2.pdf.
There are 700 + physicians and other health care providers practicing within 18 different clinical entities, or specialty groups that are affiliated with Stony Brook University Physicians (SBU Physicians). Together, these providers offer patients of all ages a comprehensive range of high quality medical services, from primary care to advanced specialty care. The physicians and health care professionals affiliated with SBU Physicians are committed to excellence in service and leadership in clinical care. In their capacity as faculty of the Stony Brook University School of Medicine, they also educate medical students, interns, residents and fellows in many specialties and sub-specialties, and engage in research and clinical trials that help to advance the science of medicine.
These physicians and health care professionals are committed to excellence in service and leadership in clinical care for their patients. SBU Physicians supports and coordinates this mission and maintains this website for patients, physicians and staff.