- Assistant Professor,
Department of Psychiatry
LAURA KUNKEL MD
EMPIRE BLUE CHOICE HMO
EMPIRE BLUE CHOICE OTHER PLANS
EMPIRE BLUE CHOICE PPO
EMPIRE BLUE CHOICE SENIOR PLAN
FIDELIS CARE NEW YORK
ISLAND GROUP ADMINISTRATION
NEIGHBORHOOD HEALTH PLAN
OPTUMHEALTH/UNITED BEHAVORIAL HEALTH
SUFFOLK HEALTH PLAN
UNITED BEHAVORIAL HEALTH/OPTUMHEALTH
UNITED OXFORD FREEDOM PLAN
US FAMILY HEALTH PLAN
VYTRA (except SMART START)
Education & Training
- State University of New York @ Syracuse, NY
- Massachusetts General Hospital, MA
Psychiatry, Massachusetts General Hospital, MA
Academic & Other
- Academic Rank:
- Assistant Professor
- Teaching Activity:
- Year Appointed at
Member of the American Psychiatric Association and the Massachusetts Psychiatric Society
- Clinical Practice Began:
1. Henderson DC, Kunkel L, Goff DC, Psychosis and Schizophrenia. In T.A. Stern, J.B. Herman (Eds.), Massachusetts General Hospital Psychiatry Update and Board Preparation, 2nd ed., pp. 97-102. New York: McGraw-Hill, 2004.
2. Henderson DC, Kunkel L, Goff DC, Antipsychotic Drugs. In T.A. Stern, J.B. Herman (Eds.), Massachusetts General Hospital Psychiatry Update and Board Preparation, 2nd ed., pp. 335-342. New York: McGraw-Hill, 2004.
3. Weiss AP, Goff DC, DeWitt I, Zalesak M, Kunkel L, Heckers S. Impaired hippocampal function during the detection of novel words in schizophrenia. Biological Psychiatry. 55(7)668-75, 2004 April 1.
4. Henderson DC, Daley TB, Kunkel L, Rodriques-Scott M, Koul P, Hayden D. Clozapine and Hypertension: a Chart Review of 82 Patients. Journal of Clinical Psychiatry. 65(5):686-9, 2004 May.
5. Henderson DC, Kunkel L, Nguyen DD, Borba CP, Daley TB, Louie PM, Freudenreich O, Cather C, Evins AE, Goff DC. An exploratory open-label trial of aripiprazole as an adjuvant to clozapine therapy in chronic schizophrenia. Acta Psychiatr Scand. 113(2):142-147, 2006 Feb
6. Holt DJ, Kunkel L, Weiss AP, Goff DC, Wright CI, Shin LM, Rauch SL, Hootnick J, Heckers S. Increased medial temporal lobe activation during the passive viewing of emotional and neutral facial expressions in schizophrenia. Schizophrenia Research. 82(2-3)153-162, 2006, Feb 28.
There are 700 + physicians and other health care providers practicing within 18 different clinical entities, or specialty groups that are affiliated with Stony Brook University Physicians (SBU Physicians). Together, these providers offer patients of all ages a comprehensive range of high quality medical services, from primary care to advanced specialty care. The physicians and health care professionals affiliated with SBU Physicians are committed to excellence in service and leadership in clinical care. In their capacity as faculty of the Stony Brook University School of Medicine, they also educate medical students, interns, residents and fellows in many specialties and sub-specialties, and engage in research and clinical trials that help to advance the science of medicine.
These physicians and health care professionals are committed to excellence in service and leadership in clinical care for their patients. SBU Physicians supports and coordinates this mission and maintains this website for patients, physicians and staff.