- Assistant Professor, Department of Psychiatry
LAURA KUNKEL MD
- BEECH STREET
- EMPIRE BLUE CHOICE HMO
- EMPIRE BLUE CHOICE OTHER PLANS
- EMPIRE BLUE CHOICE PPO
- EMPIRE BLUE CHOICE SENIOR PLAN
- FIDELIS CARE NEW YORK
- GHI CBP
- ISLAND GROUP ADMINISTRATION
- MULTIPLAN PHCS
- MULTIPLAN SAVILITY
- NEIGHBORHOOD HEALTH PLAN
- NO FAULT
- OPTUMHEALTH/UNITED BEHAVORIAL HEALTH
- SUFFOLK HEALTH PLAN
- UNITED BEHAVORIAL HEALTH/OPTUMHEALTH
- UNITED OXFORD FREEDOM PLAN
- VYTRA (except SMART START)
- WORKERS COMP
Education & Training
- State University of New York @ Syracuse, NY
- Massachusetts General Hospital, MA
Psychiatry, Massachusetts General Hospital, MA
Academic & Other
- Academic Rank:
- Assistant Professor
- Teaching Activity:
- Year Appointed at
Member of the American Psychiatric Association and the Massachusetts Psychiatric Society
- Clinical Practice Began:
1. Henderson DC, Kunkel L, Goff DC, Psychosis and Schizophrenia. In T.A. Stern, J.B. Herman (Eds.), Massachusetts General Hospital Psychiatry Update and Board Preparation, 2nd ed., pp. 97-102. New York: McGraw-Hill, 2004.
2. Henderson DC, Kunkel L, Goff DC, Antipsychotic Drugs. In T.A. Stern, J.B. Herman (Eds.), Massachusetts General Hospital Psychiatry Update and Board Preparation, 2nd ed., pp. 335-342. New York: McGraw-Hill, 2004.
3. Weiss AP, Goff DC, DeWitt I, Zalesak M, Kunkel L, Heckers S. Impaired hippocampal function during the detection of novel words in schizophrenia. Biological Psychiatry. 55(7)668-75, 2004 April 1.
4. Henderson DC, Daley TB, Kunkel L, Rodriques-Scott M, Koul P, Hayden D. Clozapine and Hypertension: a Chart Review of 82 Patients. Journal of Clinical Psychiatry. 65(5):686-9, 2004 May.
5. Henderson DC, Kunkel L, Nguyen DD, Borba CP, Daley TB, Louie PM, Freudenreich O, Cather C, Evins AE, Goff DC. An exploratory open-label trial of aripiprazole as an adjuvant to clozapine therapy in chronic schizophrenia. Acta Psychiatr Scand. 113(2):142-147, 2006 Feb
6. Holt DJ, Kunkel L, Weiss AP, Goff DC, Wright CI, Shin LM, Rauch SL, Hootnick J, Heckers S. Increased medial temporal lobe activation during the passive viewing of emotional and neutral facial expressions in schizophrenia. Schizophrenia Research. 82(2-3)153-162, 2006, Feb 28.
There are 800+ physicians and other health care providers practicing within 18 different clinical entities, or specialty groups that are affiliated with Stony Brook Medicine University Physicians (University Physicians). Together, these providers offer patients of all ages a comprehensive range of high quality medical services, from primary care to advanced specialty care. The physicians and health care professionals affiliated with University Physicians are committed to excellence in service and leadership in clinical care. In their capacity as faculty of the Stony Brook School of Medicine, they also educate medical students, interns, residents and fellows in many specialties and sub-specialties, and engage in research and clinical trials that help to advance the science of medicine.
These physicians and health care professionals are committed to excellence in service and leadership in clinical care for their patients. University Physicians supports and coordinates this mission and maintains this website for patients, physicians and staff.