- Professor, Department of Surgery
Chief, Division of Pediatric Surgery
President, SBUH Medical Board
THOMAS LEE MD, FACS, FAAP
- AFFINITY HEALTH PLAN
- BEECH STREET
- CIGNA GREAT WEST HEALTHCARE
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA PPO
- EMBLEM GHI CBP
- EMBLEM HIP-HMO
- EMBLEM HIP-MEDICAID
- EMBLEM HIP-MEDICARE
- EMPIRE BLUE CHOICE HMO
- EMPIRE BLUE CHOICE INDEMNITY PLANS
- EMPIRE BLUE CHOICE PPO
- EMPIRE BLUE CHOICE SENIOR PLAN
- FIDELIS CARE NEW YORK
- ISLAND GROUP ADMINISTRATION
- MAGNACARE HEALTH REPUBLIC EXCHANGE
- UNITED EMPIRE PLAN (NYSHIP)
- UNITED HEALTHCARE
- UNITED OXFORD FREEDOM PLAN
- UNITED OXFORD LIBERTY PLAN
- VISITING NURSE SERVICES (FIDA)
- VYTRA (except SMART START)
Education & Training
- MD, University of Chicago, Pritzker School of Medicine, IL (1988)
- General Surgery, New York Hospital - Cornell University Medical Center
Pediatric Surgery, St. Louis University Health Sciences Center
Academic & Other
- Teaching Activity:
- Pediatric Surgery
- Year Appointed at
One of the "Doctors of Excellence" featured in the previous and latest edition (2013) of the Castle Connolly Guide, Top Doctors:New York Metro Area.
- Clinical Practice Began:
37 RESEARCH WAY,
1. Taira BR, Fenton KE, Lee TK, Meng H, McCormack JE, Huang E, Singer AJ, Scriven RJ, Shapiro MJ. Ventilator-associated pneumonia in pediatric trauma patients. Pediatr Crit Care Med 2009;10:491-4. .
2. Kokkosis AA, Balsam D, Lee TK, Schreiber ZJ. Pediatric nontraumatic myositis ossificans of the neck. Pediatr Radiol 2009;39:409-12. .
3. Azu MC. McCormack JE. Huang EC. Lee TK. Shapiro MJ. Venous thromboembolic events in hospitalized trauma patients. American Surgeon. 73(12):1228-31, 2007.
4. Rutigliano DN, Egnor MR, Priebe CJ, McCormack JE, Strong NA, Scriven RJ, Lee TK, Decompressive Crainectomy in Pediatric TBI Patients with Refractory Elevated Intracranial Pressure, Journal of Pediatric Surgery, 41(1): 83, 2006.
5. Azu MC, McCormack JE, Scriven RJ, Brebbia JS, Shapiro MJ, and Lee TK, Venous Thromboembolic Events in Pediatric Trauma Patients: Is Prophylaxi Necessary? Journal of Trauma, 59(6): 1345, 2005.
6. Aygun B, Kimpo M, Lee T, Valderrama E, Leonides J, Karayalcin G, An Adolescent with Ovarian Osteosarcoma Arising in a Cystic Teratoma, Journal of Pediatric Hematology/Oncology, 25(5): 410, 2003.
7. Rosen N, Lee TK, Uroepithelium in a Colonic Diverticulum, Journal of Pediatric Surgery, 35(9): 1375-6, 2000.
8. Iofel E, Kahn E, Lee TK, Chawla A, Inflammatory Polyps following Necrotizing Enterocolitis, Journal of Pediatric Surgery, 35(8), 1246-7, 2000.
9. Lee TK, Heeckt P, Smith SD, Lee KKW, Rowe MI, Schraut WH. Post-operative selective bowel decontamination prevents gram-negative bacterial translocation in small-bowel graft recipients. Journal of Surgical Research 58(8):498-502, 1995.
10. Lee TK, Cardona MA, Kurkchubasche A, Smith SD, Mueller AR, Lee KKW, Rowe MI, and Schraut WH. Mucosal glutamine utilization after small-bowel transplantation: an electrophysiologic study. Journal of Surgical Research 52:605-14, 1992
There are 800+ physicians and other health care providers practicing within 18 different clinical entities, or specialty groups that are affiliated with Stony Brook Medicine University Physicians (University Physicians). Together, these providers offer patients of all ages a comprehensive range of high quality medical services, from primary care to advanced specialty care. The physicians and health care professionals affiliated with University Physicians are committed to excellence in service and leadership in clinical care. In their capacity as faculty of the Stony Brook School of Medicine, they also educate medical students, interns, residents and fellows in many specialties and sub-specialties, and engage in research and clinical trials that help to advance the science of medicine.
These physicians and health care professionals are committed to excellence in service and leadership in clinical care for their patients. University Physicians supports and coordinates this mission and maintains this website for patients, physicians and staff.