Pediatric Critical Care Medicine
- Assistant Professor,
Department of Pediatrics
RAHUL PANESAR MD
AFFINITY HEALTH PLAN
CIGNA GREAT WEST HEALTHCARE
EMPIRE BLUE CHOICE HMO
EMPIRE BLUE CHOICE OTHER PLANS
EMPIRE BLUE CHOICE PPO
EMPIRE BLUE CHOICE SENIOR PLAN
FIDELIS CARE NEW YORK
ISLAND GROUP ADMINISTRATION
NEIGHBORHOOD HEALTH PLAN
SUFFOLK HEALTH PLAN
UNITED EMPIRE PLAN (NYSHIP)
UNITED OXFORD FREEDOM PLAN
US FAMILY HEALTH PLAN
VYTRA (except SMART START)
Education & Training
- State University of New York at Stony Brook, School of Medicine
- Pediatrics, Stony Brook University Medical Center, NY
Pediatric Critical Care, Children's Hospital Boston, MA
Academic & Other
- Academic Rank:
- Assistant Professor
- Teaching Activity:
- Pediatric Critical Care
- Year Appointed at
Suffolk County Pediatric Society Research Award, 2003
Phi Beta Kappa, 1997
Golden Key National Honor Society, 1996
January 2008-Present The Efficacy and Safety of Local Anesthetic Infusion with Ropivacaine Through
Present a Wound Catheter for the Management of Pain after Surgical Correction of Ureteropelvic Junction Stenosis, a randomized, double-blinded, placebo-controlled clinical trial.
October 2007-Present Play and Work Station (P.A.W.S.) Using a novel mobile computer/gaming Present interface to demonstrate effectiveness in enhanced communication and distraction techniques for the critically ill patient.
- Clinical Practice Began:
1. In a Page Infectious Disease. Contributor: Chapter: Parvovirus, Lippincott Williams and Wilkins, 2007, Pages: 256-257.
2. CNN Headline News. Center for Really Neat Research (CRNR) Expose. Fall, 1998.
3. Rahul S. Panesar, Nicholas Dunwoody and Alistair J. Lees. Wavelength-Dependent Photochemistry of W (CO)4(en) (en = ethylenediamine): Evidence for Distinct Chemical Reactivities from Singlet and Triplet Ligand Field Excited States. Journal of Inorganic Chemistry, April 1998, Volume: 37, Pages: 1648-1650.
There are 700 + physicians and other health care providers practicing within 18 different clinical entities, or specialty groups that are affiliated with Stony Brook University Physicians (SBU Physicians). Together, these providers offer patients of all ages a comprehensive range of high quality medical services, from primary care to advanced specialty care. The physicians and health care professionals affiliated with SBU Physicians are committed to excellence in service and leadership in clinical care. In their capacity as faculty of the Stony Brook University School of Medicine, they also educate medical students, interns, residents and fellows in many specialties and sub-specialties, and engage in research and clinical trials that help to advance the science of medicine.
These physicians and health care professionals are committed to excellence in service and leadership in clinical care for their patients. SBU Physicians supports and coordinates this mission and maintains this website for patients, physicians and staff.