(631) 444-KIDS (5437)
Pediatric Critical Care Medicine
- Assistant Professor, Department of Pediatrics
RAHUL PANESAR MD
(631) 444-KIDS (5437)
- AFFINITY HEALTH PLAN
- BEECH STREET
- CIGNA GREAT WEST HEALTHCARE
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA PPO
- EMBLEM GHI CBP
- EMBLEM HIP-HMO
- EMBLEM HIP-MEDICAID
- EMBLEM HIP-MEDICARE
- EMPIRE BLUE CHOICE HMO
- EMPIRE BLUE CHOICE INDEMNITY PLANS
- EMPIRE BLUE CHOICE PPO
- EMPIRE BLUE CHOICE SENIOR PLAN
- FIDELIS CARE NEW YORK
- ISLAND GROUP ADMINISTRATION
- MAGNACARE HEALTH REPUBLIC EXCHANGE
- MULTIPLAN PHCS
- MULTIPLAN SAVILITY
- UNITED EMPIRE PLAN (NYSHIP)
- UNITED HEALTHCARE
- UNITED OXFORD FREEDOM PLAN
- UNITED OXFORD LIBERTY PLAN
- US FAMILY HEALTH PLAN
- VISITING NURSE SERVICES (FIDA)
- VYTRA (except SMART START)
Education & Training
- State University of New York at Stony Brook, School of Medicine
- Pediatrics, Stony Brook University Medical Center, NY
Pediatric Critical Care, Children's Hospital Boston, MA
Academic & Other
- Academic Rank:
- Assistant Professor
- Teaching Activity:
- Pediatric Critical Care
- Year Appointed at
Suffolk County Pediatric Society Research Award, 2003
Phi Beta Kappa, 1997
Golden Key National Honor Society, 1996
January 2008-Present The Efficacy and Safety of Local Anesthetic Infusion with Ropivacaine Through
Present a Wound Catheter for the Management of Pain after Surgical Correction of Ureteropelvic Junction Stenosis, a randomized, double-blinded, placebo-controlled clinical trial.
October 2007-Present Play and Work Station (P.A.W.S.) Using a novel mobile computer/gaming Present interface to demonstrate effectiveness in enhanced communication and distraction techniques for the critically ill patient.
- Clinical Practice Began:
1. In a Page Infectious Disease. Contributor: Chapter: Parvovirus, Lippincott Williams and Wilkins, 2007, Pages: 256-257.
2. CNN Headline News. Center for Really Neat Research (CRNR) Expose. Fall, 1998.
3. Rahul S. Panesar, Nicholas Dunwoody and Alistair J. Lees. Wavelength-Dependent Photochemistry of W (CO)4(en) (en = ethylenediamine): Evidence for Distinct Chemical Reactivities from Singlet and Triplet Ligand Field Excited States. Journal of Inorganic Chemistry, April 1998, Volume: 37, Pages: 1648-1650.
There are 800+ physicians and other health care providers practicing within 18 different clinical entities, or specialty groups that are affiliated with
Stony Brook Medicine University Physicians (University Physicians). Together, these providers offer patients of all ages a comprehensive range of high quality medical services,
from primary care to advanced specialty care.
In their capacity as faculty of the Stony Brook School of Medicine, they also educate medical students, interns, residents and fellows in many specialties and sub-specialties, and engage in research and clinical trials that help to advance the science of medicine.
These physicians and health care professionals are committed to excellence in service and leadership in clinical care for their patients. University Physicians supports and coordinates this mission and maintains this website for patients, physicians and staff.