Trauma, Emergency Surgery and Surgical Critical Care
- Assistant Professor, Department of Surgery
STEVEN SANDOVAL MD
- AFFINITY HEALTH PLAN
- AGEWELL (FIDA)
- CIGNA GREAT WEST HEALTHCARE
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA PPO
- EMBLEM GHI CBP
- EMBLEM HIP-HMO
- EMBLEM HIP-MEDICAID
- EMBLEM HIP-MEDICARE
- EMPIRE BLUE CHOICE HMO
- EMPIRE BLUE CHOICE INDEMNITY PLANS
- EMPIRE BLUE CHOICE PPO
- EMPIRE BLUE CHOICE SENIOR PLAN
- FIDELIS CARE NEW YORK
- ISLAND GROUP ADMINISTRATION
- MAGNACARE HEALTH REPUBLIC EXCHANGE
- MULTIPLAN PHCS
- MULTIPLAN SAVILITY
- NO FAULT
- UNITED EMPIRE PLAN (NYSHIP)
- UNITED HEALTHCARE
- UNITED OXFORD FREEDOM PLAN
- UNITED OXFORD LIBERTY PLAN
- VISITING NURSE SERVICES (FIDA)
- VYTRA (except SMART START)
- WORKERS COMP
Education & Training
- Ross University School of Medicine, St. Kitts, West Indies (1998)
- Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania & Maimonides Medical Center
Burn; Weill Cornell Medical Center, NY
Critical Care; SUNY Stony Brook University Medical Center, NY
Academic & Other
- Academic Rank:
- Assistant Professor
- Teaching Activity:
- Year Appointed at
- Clinical Practice Began:
37 RESEARCH WAY,
1. Taira BR, Cassara G, Meng H, Salama MN, Chohan J, Sandoval S, Singer AJ. Predictors of sustaining burn injury: does the use of common prevention strategies matter? J Burn Care Res 2011;32:20-5.
2. Taira BR, Singer AJ, Cassara G, Salama MN, Sandoval S. Rates of compliance with first aid recommendations in burn patients. J Burn Care Res. 2010 Jan-Feb;31(1):121-4.
3. Shapiro MJ, Sandoval S. Skin wounds and musculoskeletal infection In: Gabrielli A, Layon AJ, Yu M, editors. Critical Care. Philadelphia: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, 2009: 1593-604.
There are 800+ physicians and other health care providers practicing within 18 different clinical entities, or specialty groups that are affiliated with
Stony Brook Medicine University Physicians (University Physicians). Together, these providers offer patients of all ages a comprehensive range of high quality medical services,
from primary care to advanced specialty care.
In their capacity as faculty of the Stony Brook School of Medicine, they also educate medical students, interns, residents and fellows in many specialties and sub-specialties, and engage in research and clinical trials that help to advance the science of medicine.
These physicians and health care professionals are committed to excellence in service and leadership in clinical care for their patients. University Physicians supports and coordinates this mission and maintains this website for patients, physicians and staff.