- Internal Medicine
- Professor, Department of Internal Medicine
Director, HIV Treatment Development Center
ROY T STEIGBIGEL MD
- AFFINITY HEALTH PLAN
- BEECH STREET
- CIGNA GREAT WEST HEALTHCARE
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA PPO
- EMBLEM GHI CBP
- EMBLEM HIP-HMO
- EMBLEM HIP-MEDICAID
- EMBLEM HIP-MEDICARE
- EMPIRE BLUE CHOICE HMO
- EMPIRE BLUE CHOICE INDEMNITY PLANS
- EMPIRE BLUE CHOICE PPO
- EMPIRE BLUE CHOICE SENIOR PLAN
- FIDELIS CARE NEW YORK
- ISLAND GROUP ADMINISTRATION
- MAGNACARE HEALTH REPUBLIC EXCHANGE
- NO FAULT
- UNITED EMPIRE PLAN (NYSHIP)
- UNITED HEALTHCARE
- UNITED OXFORD FREEDOM PLAN
- UNITED OXFORD LIBERTY PLAN
- VISITING NURSE SERVICES (FIDA)
- VYTRA (except SMART START)
- WORKERS COMP
Education & Training
- MD, University of Rochester, NY (1966)
- Internal Medicine, Strong Memorial Hospital, Rochester, NY (1968)
Stanford University, CA (1973)
Academic & Other
- Teaching Activity:
- Internal Medicine
- Year Appointed at
2014 Selected for inclusion in Best Doctors listing by Best Doctors, Inc.
2013 Selected for inclusion in Best Doctors listing by Best Doctors, Inc.
Recipient of 2010 Aesculapius Award for the SBU School of Medicine
- Clinical Practice Began:
205 N. BELLE MEAD ROAD,
Publications available on request.
There are 800+ physicians and other health care providers practicing within 18 different clinical entities, or specialty groups that are affiliated with
Stony Brook Medicine University Physicians (University Physicians). Together, these providers offer patients of all ages a comprehensive range of high quality medical services,
from primary care to advanced specialty care.
In their capacity as faculty of the Stony Brook School of Medicine, they also educate medical students, interns, residents and fellows in many specialties and sub-specialties, and engage in research and clinical trials that help to advance the science of medicine.
These physicians and health care professionals are committed to excellence in service and leadership in clinical care for their patients. University Physicians supports and coordinates this mission and maintains this website for patients, physicians and staff.